Professional Water Mitigation
Why You Need Professional Water Mitigation
The following are three reasons to work with a professional for all your water damage and restoration services:
1. It is Cost-Effective
We at SERVPRO of S. San Rafael/Sausalito will ensure that all the damages are addressed effectively and promptly, minimizing any extra cost to you.
2. You Will Receive A Timely Response
We understand the urgency of these situations and will do everything possible to mitigate the damages as quickly as possible.
3. We Have Professional Equipment and Expertise
Water must be removed as quickly as possible to prevent any further damage. We have the necessary equipment and workforce to handle even the most massive water removal jobs.
Call us at (415)479-2900
When your commercial property is suddenly hit with damage due to a storm, flood, fire or other disaster, it can leave you, your employees and customers in shock. It’s important to know that you have professional large-loss specialists to handle the restoration process as quickly as possible so that you can get back to business. SERVPRO of S. San Rafael/Sausalito is an elite team of technicians always ready to respond Faster to any size disaster. Call us at (415)479-2900
Ready for Storm
Basic Disaster Supplies Kit
To assemble your kit store items in airtight plastic bags and put your entire disaster supplies kit in one or two easy-to-carry containers such as plastic bins or a duffel bag.
Based on Ready.gov, a basic emergency supply kit could include the following recommended items:
- Water (one gallon per person per day for several days, for drinking and sanitation)
- Food (at least a several-day supply of non-perishable food)
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert
- First aid kit
- Extra batteries
- Whistle (to signal for help)
- Dust mask (to help filter contaminated air)
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape (to shelter in place)
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties (for personal sanitation)
- Wrench or pliers (to turn off utilities)
- Manual can opener (for food)
- Local maps
- Cell phone with chargers and a backup battery
Next Steps After a Fire
FEMA recommends next steps after a fire:
-Contact your local disaster relief service, such as the American Red Cross. They will help you find food, clothing, medicine and a place to stay.
-If you have insurance, contact your insurance company. Ý Ask what you should do to keep your home safe until it is repaired. Ý Ask who you should talk to about cleaning up your home.
-If you are not insured, try contacting community groups for aid and assistance.
-Check with the fire department to make sure that your home is safe to enter. Be very careful when you go inside. Floors and walls may not be as safe as they look.
-Contact your landlord or mortgage company to report the fire.
-Try to find valuable documents and records. © If you leave your home, call the local police department to let them know the site will be vacant.
-Begin saving receipts for any money that you spend related to the fire loss. The receipts may be needed later by the insurance company and to prove any losses claimed on your income tax. © Check with an accountant or the IRS about special benefits for people recovering from fire loss
Steps After Smoke Damage
The first step after a fire is calling emergency services. Once the fire is out and you can enter your property, call your insurance company. They’ll assess what happened.
The next step is to find a reputable cleanup company that specializes in fire damage. Check for companies in your neighborhood that have a high customer satisfaction rating on sites like Google, Yelp, Angie’s List, or the Better Business Bureau. These specialized smoke damage mitigation companies clean and restore furniture, electronics, clothing, and textile items after they’re damaged by smoke or water.
Learn About fires
- Fire is FAST! In less than 30 seconds a small flame can turn into a major fire. It only takes minutes for thick black smoke to fill a house or for it to be engulfed in flames.
- Fire is HOT! Heat is more threatening than flames. Room temperatures in a fire can be 100 degrees at floor level and rise to 600 degrees at eye level. Inhaling this super-hot air will scorch your lungs and melt clothes to your skin.
- Fire is DARK! Fire starts bright, but quickly produces black smoke and complete darkness.
- Fire is DEADLY! Smoke and toxic gases kill more people than flames do. Fire produces poisonous gases that make you disoriented and drowsy.
Preparing a Fire Escape Plan
Some tips to consider when preparing this plan include:
- Find two ways to get out of each room in the event the primary way is blocked by fire or smoke.
- Make sure that windows are not stuck, screens can be taken out quickly and that security bars can be properly opened.
- Practice feeling your way out of the house in the dark or with your eyes closed.
- Teach children not to hide from firefighters.
- If you use a walker or wheelchair, check all exits to be sure you can get through the doorways.
SERVPRO of S. San Rafael/Sausalito is all too familiar with fires; we specialize in returning your property to its original form making it "Like it never even happened." . Aside from the fire itself, smoke and soot are nearly impossible to completely get rid of the smell. SERVPRO has the ability through industry-leading equipment and technology stream mediate your smoke damage property right the first time. Each fire situation is unique, we tailor and treat your loss the same as any other loss. Depending on the scope of the damages, it is important to speak with your insurance agent about provisions available.
Please call us at (415)479-2900
Emergency Ready Plan
Is your building prepared for a catastrophe?
SERVPRO® of South San Rafael/Sausalito offers the emergency ready plan for such an occasion. We want you to know that we want you to be safe in the event of an accident. Therefore, we provide a free service to our clients so that they may be able to react quickly during a storm event, such as water or fire.
The ERP is accessed through a mobile app and is created by one of our Sales/Marketing Representatives to ensure that all the exits and shutoffs are located and accessible.
Businesses big or small can benefit from the Emergency Ready Plan and we would like you all to stay safe and be prepared and, “ready for whatever happens.TM”
Water Damage in a Commercial Building
Water damage can strike at a commercial building at any time. Whether it's flooding, burst pipes or faucet leaks, water damage is one of the most common and destructive problems you can face in your business. If not taken care of immediately, excess water in your business can promote electrical hazards, cause expensive damage to your business's structure and can even lead to the growth of hazardous mold.
If you are experiencing water damage emergency situation, give SERVPRO of South San Rafael / Sausalito a call. Our experienced technicians are ready to restore your property to pre-water damage condition. They can quickly extract the water and then dry your property using state-of-the-art equipment to ensure your property is dry.
SERVPRO of South San Rafael / Sausalito is locally owned and operated so we’re always ready to help with any-sized flood or water damage emergencies.