What Not To Do When You Have Water Damage
Sometimes when we have a water damage situation going we want to do something in order to minimize losses. Check our other posts for more information on how to prevent and act fast. We also know it's very important to know what not to do and that's why we are bringing you this list:
- Do not use a household vacuum to remove standing water.
- Do not leave furniture directly on wet carpeting.
- Do not begin to repair or repaint any damage surfaces until they are completely
- Do not turn ceiling fans on when the ceiling is wet.
We also want to remind you that we are here to help. SERVPRO of S. San Rafael/Sausalito is here to make it "Like it never even happened." Call us at (415)479-2900
SERVPRO 24 Hours Emergency Service
Choosing the right company if you have experienced a water, fire, or mold damage can be one of the most important choices you make. After helping many disaster victims, SERVPRO of Napa County has the expertise, facilities, and equipment to help you resolve your emergency fast. Our team of professionals technicians are certified, bonded and insured -- not to mentioned trained to help you get your property back to its original state as soon as possible.
As the trusted leader in the restoration industry, SERVPRO provides 24-hour emergency help and is dedicated to being faster to any size disaster. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
Call SERVPRO of S. San Rafael/Sausalito today for more information (415)479-2900.
Mold Remediation to a Commercial Building
Molds can be found almost anywhere; they can grow on virtually any organic substance, as long as moisture and oxygen are present. There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, foods, and insulation. When excessive moisture accumulates in buildings or on building materials, mold growth will often occur, particularly if the moisture problem remains undiscovered or unaddressed. It is impossible to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment. However, mold growth can be controlled indoors by controlling moisture indoors.
Commercial property can quickly become infested with mold if a source of water is present. Mold can spread throughout a property in as little as 48 hours. Since mold can produce allergens and irritants, you should call us to inspect your building if you suspect you have a mold problem. If mold is found, we have the training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
Commercial Mold Remediation Presents Unique Challenges
Mold can spread quickly through a property if left untreated. SERVPRO of Petaluma / Rohnert Park can respond quickly, working to first contain the infestation to help prevent its spread to other parts of the building. Next, we will begin the remediation process, working safely and effectively to manage the situation. We have the training, experience, and equipment to contain the mold infestation and remediate it to preloss condition.
Have a Mold Problem? Call SERVPRO of S. San Rafael/Sausalito today at (415)479-2900
Water Damage? Call SERVPRO
At SERVPRO of S. San Rafael/Sausalito we know how to make water damage "Like it never even happened." When disaster strikes unexpectedly our SERVPRO professionals are able to handle your water emergency quickly and effectively. We handle black and gray water extraction and restoration at your residential or commercial property.
Give us a call anytime! at (415)479-2900 We are here 24/7 for any loss you may have. Remember at SERVPRO we are always #HeretoHelp
Maintain and Understand your Indoor Plumbing Systems
- Inspect appliance hoses and faucets. Make it a practice every year to check hoses leading to water heaters, dishwashers, washing machines and refrigerator ice makers. You may also want to invest in a water leak monitoring and shut-off system that can alert you to any leakage issues. Immediately replace any hoses that have cracks or leaks, and replace them all every five to seven years.
- Inspect showers and tubs. Check the seal and caulking around showers and tubs to make sure they are watertight and reseal if necessary.
- When away on vacation, shut off the water supply to the washing machine and never leave the house while the washer or dishwasher is running.
- Know the location of the main water shut-off valve in your home. A damaged hose or a burst pipe can send water racing into your home. Being able to locate and shut off the main water supply quickly will save stress, money and time.
- Install an emergency pressure release valve in your plumbing system. This will protect against the increased pressure caused by freezing pipes and can help prevent your pipes from bursting.
- Check plumbing and heating pipes. Look closely for cracks and leaks and have any necessary repairs made immediately.
These are some tips to prevent water damage. If you need assistance with water damage please call SERVPRO of S. San Rafael/Sausalito at (415)479-2900
Fire or Water Damage? We can handle It
SERVPRO of S. San Rafael/Sausalito provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in S. San Rafael/Sausalito and surrounding cities! We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us Today – (415) 479-2900
Whether your San Rafael/Sausalito home needs emergency Fire Damage, Flood Damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your San Rafael/Sausalito commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for fast professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we has the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services:
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Life happens. Kids spill drinks, pets have accidents and homes get dirty. You handle much of the maintenance of your home, but when it gets to be too much, you can rely on your local SERVPRO of South San Rafael/Sausalito Professionals. We specialize in cleaning and restoration and have highly trained technicians to help you manage and restore your home.
Some of the many services we provide are:
- Air Ducts & HVAC
- Carpet & Upholstery
- Drapes & Blinds
- Tree Removal
- Sewage and Gutter
- Contents Disposal
- Deep Cleaning
- Debris Removal
- Ceilings, Walls & Hard Floors
You know SERVPRO as a leader in Fire and Water Cleanup and Restoration, but our expertise can also make a dirty carpet "Like it never even happened." Call us today at (415) 479-2900
to schedule an appointment.
How You Can Help Us Provide a Better Service
At SERVPRO® of South San Rafael/Sausalito our main goal is to provide an outstanding experience for our clients. SERVPRO® began in 1967 as a painting business and has grown into a leader in the restoration cleanup industry. As a locally owned franchise servicing our community, we have a responsibility to uphold this legacy as a premier cleaning and restoration company. Our team consists of people who live in your neighborhoods and with the training and experience to make your damage “Like it never even happened.”
We know choosing the right restoration service provider can be costly and bothersome, however, we want you to know that we take your feedback very seriously and for us to proudly represent the vision of the SERVPRO® Corporation we would appreciate your input and experience.
Contact us either by phone: (707) 479-2900
Or by visiting our social media pages (links below).
SERVPRO Serving Adjusters and Their Clients
SERVPRO Serving Adjusters and Their Clients
A SERVPRO franchise professional's job is to reassure the customer, perform quality service and to report to you quickly. We know your job is to interpret the policy and adjust the claim... and not to deal with problems from vendors! Working together we strive to save you time so you can focus on priority files, while having complete control of every loss you are assigned. 24-hour emergency response, damage mitigation, loss assessment, and an electronic file are available to you within hours. SERVPRO franchise professionals’ documented, measured performance increases value to you and your shareholders, managers and customers.
Hard-earned results have made SERVPRO leaders in the fire and water cleanup and restoration industry. The SERVPRO System is geared to achieve customer satisfaction and mitigation results, adding to your company’s competitive advantage.
SERVPRO of S. San Rafael/Sausalito is locally owned and operated so we’re always ready to help with any-sized flood or water damage emergencies.
Call us 24/7 at (415)479-2900
Safety Tips for your Fire Escape Plan
October is Fire Prevention Month and our team at SERVPRO San Rafael/Sausalito have followed these safety tips shared by the National Fire Protection Association through this year’s National Fire Prevention Week campaign, “Not Every Hero Wears a Cape. Plan and Practice Your Escape!”
Please be safe and follow these tips so that you and your family can escape the fire safely.
- It is important to know the layout of your home. Make an escape plan by drawing a map that shows all your windows and doors, which could potentially be your exit strategy.
Fact: One-third of American households who made an estimate thought they would have at least 6 minutes before a fire becomes life threatening. Unfortunately, the time available could be as little as one to two minutes, according to Lorraine Carli, NFPA’s vice president of Outreach and Advocacy.
- Know at least two ways out of every room, if possible. Make sure all doors and windows leading outside can be easily opened.
Fact: A closed door may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire. Make sure to close all doors behind you when exiting a room. Also, check to make sure a door is not hot, that can be an indicator of a fire on the other side.
- Have an outside meeting place (like a tree, light pole or mailbox) a safe distance from the home where everyone should meet.
Fact: Escape planning and practice can help reduce the time to get everyone out. It is best to call the Fire Department when outside your home.
- Practice your escape plan during the day and night with everyone in your home at least twice a year using different ways out. Be extra mindful to teach children how to escape on their own in case you can’t help them.
Fact: While 71% of Americans have an escape plan in case of a fire, only 47% of those have practiced it.
- If the smoke alarm sounds, your first thought should be to get out. Never go back inside for people or pets.
Fact: Only 8% said that their first thought on hearing a smoke alarm would be to get out. Smoke inhalation is also very dangerous. If you need to go through smoke, get low and go under the smoke till you reach your way out.
For more information or resources regarding fire, electrical, or related hazards, please feel free to visit the National Fire Protection Association at https://www.nfpa.org/.