Be Winter Prepared
Your home is one of the largest investments you can make in your life. Taking time every year to make sure your home is prepared for winter can save you from hardship, loss, and expense. SERVPRO of S. San Rafael/Sausalito suggests that you perform the following simple checks around your home before the start of the winter season to make sure your home is prepared for whatever mother nature throws your way. These checks are easy to perform and don’t cost a thing to do.
Perform the following every year before the start of Winter.
- Clear limbs and trim trees near your home and away from power lines.
- Check roof for damage.
- If you have a fireplace, make sure to check it for proper ventilation.
- Check windows and door seals to prevent water intrusion.
- Check gutters and down spouts for blockage.
- Check all exterior water lines to make sure they are properly insulated.
- Check all interior water lines for damage and ware.